LDSP-1000 Final Leadership Philosophy Paper
1. Select a leader to profile in your Leadership Philosophy Paper. You may select one you admire, or a “good example of a bad example.” As I previously mentioned, we oftentimes learn more from bad leaders than from good leaders. There are numerous websites naming leaders to get you started. A quick search on “famous contemporary leaders” revealed millions of possible lists, OR you may select a leader in your personal or professional life: your boss, a coach, a team leader, etc.
2. Research your chosen leader, identifying evidence of his/her traits, styles, and leadership situations. Relate your findings to the concepts discussed throughout the course. For example, how did your chosen leader demonstrate ‘transformational leadership’ or ‘servant leadership’ styles?
3. Write a Five to Seven-Page essay profiling your chosen leader.
- First, introduce your leader, and state why you selected him/her. Was their leadership effective or not effective?
- Next, expand upon the traits and style of your leader, including at least three properly referenced and defined terms from the course readings. For example, if you select ‘Transformational Leadership’, describe what the term means in the context of leadership and how your leader demonstrates it.
- Next, describe a leadership situation your chosen leader was in, using terms and concepts from the course readings. For example, if your leader was charged with a group of new or low-competence employees, did they use the Path Goal theory to understand the ‘Followers desire for control’?
- Finally, conclude with a short description of your personal leadership style and how effective it has been for you to date.
In addition to the text, you are encouraged to research leadership and your chosen leader, using reliable and properly cited Internet resources. You may also draw from your personal work experience with appropriate examples to support your references.
Please utilize APA formatting throughout.
Please remember the following:
- The 5 to 7-FULL page length requirement does not include the separate Title and Reference pages.
- Please utilize and cite AT LEAST THREE sources. You may use your text as one source.
- Please ensure that all papers are set at double spacing with 0 Point. Please see the document posted in this module on how to do this.
- ALL papers should be submitted in Microsoft Word. DO NOT submit files in PDF as they will NOT BE ACCEPTED.
All papers will be submitted to Turnitin.com once they are submitted. Your score should remain below 25%. As stated in the course announcements, 75% of each assignment submission should be comprised of original writing by the student. The textbook title is Northouse, P.G. (2021). Leadership: Theory and Practice (9th ed.) Thousand Oaks, CA: